Yesterday was a great day! I released my fifth album, entitled Hope, and debuted a new video for the first single “Open My Heart.” Huge thanks to everyone who downloaded their copy already.
I spent the better part of 2011 working on this record. At the beginning of the year, I already had a bunch of songs written, and by the spring I narrowed them down to a handful centered on themes of doubt, faith, and hope. In March, I started recording in the little house in East Nashville that my wife and I call home, and I kept writing.
One of the most fun things about the recording process this time around was that for many of the songs, I filmed every instrument on the recording as I played it. My plan is to edit and release these videos every couple of weeks. The first video is already up. It’s for “Open My Heart,” a song I wrote with the great Andrew Osenga. You can watch it now on YouTube.
What You Can Do To Help
My biggest marketing tool is people who enjoy my music and pass it along to their friends. It makes a huge difference! So here are a few simple things that you can do to help (in no particular order):
- If you haven’t already done so, get your own copy of Hope.
- Tell your Twitter followers about the new album. Here’s a quick link to make that easy: http://bit.ly/hopewp
- Share the “Open My Heart” video on Facebook.
- “Like” my Facebook music page
- Blog about it. If you’ve keep a Tumblr, WordPress, Blogger, or any other kind of blog, make a post about Hope. Share the video. Give your own personal review.
Again, many thanks to those who have already bought a copy of Hope. Please feel free to let me know how you like the new album on Twitter and Facebook, or just comment below. It’s always great to hear feedback!